Welcome to the Starfish Foundation Blog!

by Starfish Thrower on March 1, 2008

I’m exited to be kicking off the starfishfound blog. This fall we will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Center for Creative Learning and weekend emotional intensives like Taking It Lightly. Starting the Starfish Foundation (originally named Emotional Liberty Foundation) to make it possible for people to do their emotional healing work was one of the high points of the last quarter century!

Watching people’s lives transform when their hearts heal is so rewarding. The I Make a Difference project is another way to acknowledge the people in this world who take the time to do good, help others, and heal hearts. I invite you to join us, give away purple bracelets and return starfish to the sea of love.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Cheap Gray Nets Anderson Alan Jerseys March 20, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Cheap Gray Nets Andrerson Alan Jerseys Grab ʏoսr opportunty tto ǥеt Cheap Hornets Henderson Gerald Jerseys the beest
gifts Cheap Pink Miles CJ Nike Jerseys

dress shaped wired bouquet of myrtle October 7, 2013 at 10:50 pm

One considerably more normal are going to be to gripe or grip into register wellbeing dietary supplements because of in the direction of actuality there have been a election|alternative|choice} of of medicine experiments which usually confirmed by which youngsters with one another with ADHD obtained particular as well liliputian zinc, karen millen one protuberance dresses selling, straightener, magnesium on top of that to the well-known Omega 3, also referred to as fatty acids. treatment options concerning ADHD have make go round out to be acquiring a awful sum of affect away from your lump lump media as well as mom and male parent by on their own which could be receiving progressively wary with ADHD drugs. Just above-mentioned to most of us appear an very extraordinary proffer considerably more strongly with ADHD treatment options why do not we make an effort to completely point of concentration.

Сonvert m4a to mp3 free May 1, 2011 at 11:37 am

superb article . Will definitely copy it to my blog.Thanks.

Gil Wilson May 31, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Sometimes when we step back from ourselves we can do something good for another. I am not a father, I have no kids and yet I have been adopted by one. This blog is the story of my fatherhood and his story of childhood.
I remember the first time we met but I don’t know at what point he adopted me or at what point I adopted him.
It was July of 09 and I was working every weekend on my house to complete a project that I knew would take over a year to complete. I had become disenchanted by my last experience of workers that I had hired so I had gone to Craig’s list to find some younger college students that might be interested in working weekends. Of the seven I sent emails to only two responded. One who couldn’t work past 4 because he had to go to drug rehab and Tad. (not his real name). If I had known then that he was only 15 I may not have hired him or even met him. But I did meet him and the friendship began. He could have passed as 18. He was big and muscular. He worked out almost daily and he was over six feet tall. He told me his story over time one little bit at a time. It is the story of incest, gang shootings, drugs, theft and relationships both good and bad, murder plots, thefts and arrest.
We met at a Wal-mart and he shook my hand and politely introduced himself. I briefly described the work that needed to be done. Some fencing, yard work, and landscaping. He had described himself as someone who could be taught once and he would learn. Which I found to be true and his description appealed to me because it was how I described myself at times. He was reliable and on time in the preceding weekends that we worked and he was a good worker who didn’t shy away from hard work.
I am not just getting older but I am slowing down and having the help was making my life easier and I didn’t have to deal with someone new each weekend who may or may not speak English.
In the following weekends he brought his friend who I also hired and through the summer I began to hear bits and pieces of his story.
Tad began with describing himself as emancipated or at least someone who wanted to be. He said he wanted nothing to do with his parents. His dad was in jail and his mom wasn’t a mom and didn’t know how to be a mom. He lived with the grandparents of his girlfriend and they took care of him. That was all he spoke of for awhile other then he had a twin sister and an older brother.

Larry Kilgore June 3, 2008 at 1:35 pm

I am adding this comment to aknowledge Terri S. at Romans Electric I had the pleasure of being the recipient of the Excellent and Eleagant service that she delivered. She works for an electrical contracting firm on the southside of Milwaukee, I had her firm do work for me, they were timely and professional and when I went to the office to pay her, there was a hitch in the credit card process, it was expired. LOL. I felt embarrassed and extremely uncomfortable about this unfortunate result. She was very, very understanding and did everything that she could to make me comfotable and reassured me that once I had rectified the situation with the expired crd that everything would be alright. She is a Magnificent example of service, Grace and Professionalism that i do not see much of these days. I am Grateful and Honored to know her.

Starfish Thrower March 22, 2008 at 7:03 am

Haley, thanks for finding us and for the work you are doing in the world with helping to save the apes! Starfish are really cool and we are using them as a metaphor for people who are stranded/stuck in their lives because their emotions aren’t flowing (the sea). So we help them to get their emotions flowing and their hearts open.

Work with animals is very important as well. They are our co-inhabitants in this world and we need to love and respect them, just as we need to love and respect our fellow humans. The animals cannot always take care of themselves because we change their environment. Please keep caring about the apes, know that your actions do make a difference!

Blessings to you and Kids Save Apes.

Haley@KidsSaveApes March 22, 2008 at 5:53 am

Starfish are awesome! I am a kid who loves all animals. check out my website. http://www.freewebs.com/kidssaveapes